- Property ValuationOur market appraisal / valuation service is FREE and is carried out by our expert Branch Valuer. To request a valuation of your property please call or fill out this online form and a member of our sales team contact you to arrange an appointment at your convenience.
- Instructing For Sale / Marketing your PropertyWhen you are pleased with our market appraisal and services we offer, we will arrange to meet you again at your property to prepare the sales particulars and photograph your property. All advertising includes, a professional photography package, floor plans and for sale board (optional) as standard at no extra cost. We will explain our terms / conditions with you and proceed to market your property within 48 hours. Your property will then be circulated to our ever-growing database of potential buyers, advertised on the UK’s leading property website Rightmove, NS Estates website as well as various social media platforms.
- ViewingsFirst impressions count and it's important to ensure that your home is presented in its best light before all viewings take place. A dedicated member of the sales team will be responsible for updating you on all viewings and to report all feedback from prospective purchasers. If you are interested in one of our Viewing Guides, please do not hesitate to request a copy from our sales team.
- Receiving OffersAs your selling agent it is our duty to inform you of any offers received for your property. We will always advise you at each stage whether we deem an offer to be realistic, what buying position the purchaser is in and whether we feel we can achieve a greater price.
- Sale Agreed / Offer AcceptanceOnce an offer has been accepted by you, we will arrange for the agreed terms to be confirmed in writing to all parties. At this stage you will also need to formally instruct a solicitor to commence the legal process. You should also contact your Mortgage Adviser if you are purchasing another property. Please be aware that although this stage is commonly referred to as ‘Sale Agreed’, the terms are not legally binding until legal contracts have been signed and exchanged.
- Appointing a SolicitorBefore a sale can proceed any further, you will need to appoint a solicitor / licensed property conveyancer to begin the legal process. NS Estates work closely with various local solicitors and we can appoint a solicitor at your request. Please ask for further details at this stage.
- Draft ContractOnce a sale is agreed, your solicitor will send a draft contract of sale to the purchaser’s solicitor, with a copy of the title deeds and other relevant documentation.
- Preliminary Enquiries.As a normal process, the purchaser’s solicitor will raise enquiries and related matters about the property and also carry out the required searches on the property. We advise that if you have any certificates / documentation related to your property, you keep them to hand as your solicitor may request additional information from you. This may include certificates for any remedial works you’ve had done to the property, gas / boiler certificates, planning and building regulations etc.
- SurveyorIf the buyer of your property requires a mortgage, a mortgage survey / valuation is necessary for security purposes. Typical timescales for instructing a surveyor vary from lender to lender so we advise that if you are also purchasing onwards that your mortgage adviser / bank instructs your survey within similar timescales to avoid delays in completing.
- Signing ContractsAt this stage, all the relevant documentation is received and both solicitors can agree dates, allowing both parties to be given enough time to arrange removal / storage etc. Amidst this, your solicitor will apply for the mortgage funds from your lender if you have applied for a mortgage for your purchase, in readiness to exchange/complete on the intended date. The contract is signed by both you and the seller with your respective solicitors.
- Exchange of Contracts & CompletionOn the day of Exchange / Completion, signed contracts for the property are ‘Exchanged’, the mortgage funds / balance of purchase monies will be transferred to your solicitor and the transaction is then complete. During the sale of your property, your solicitor will have also prepared for your subsequent purchase to be completed on the same day.
- Once contracts are ‘Exchanged’ the transaction becomes legally binding to both parties.
- Exchange & Completion don’t always occur on the same day (client preferences are taken into consideration by each solicitor)
Once the property has been vacated and legal completion has taken place, NS Estates will contact you regarding key collection / access arrangements.